Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Carefree

The definition of 'carefree' is free from trouble and worry and care.



So many times I get caught up in the issues of the day...to be carefree seems unobtainable.



On a recent trip to Chicago (one of our favorite destinations by the way) we were visiting Navy Pier and right across the street was this huge fountain. We were on our way back to the hotel to pack up and leave but we were really in no hurry and I said, "Kids want to play in the fountain?" To which they replied, "But we don't have our swim suits, we don't have towels and we will have to get on the trolley wet?" and I said, "Well, if you don't care...I don't care." They went ecstatic! It was as though they thought, "Mom has fell off her rocker and we better take full advantage of it before she comes to her senses!" They were in!



It was awesome! Not for the mere fact that they had fun - I have tons of pictures of them laughing and splashing. It was for this picture of Ethan. While the other got in and perhaps were hesitant on getting completely soaked...not Ethan. He slowly waded through the water, stood straight up against the wall with water gushing down the sides. He simply didn't care. Didn't care that he was soaked through...that he may be cold, that he would have to sit in wet pants for the ride home or how he looked to others. He was the epitome of carefree.



I believe that perhaps the Lord persuaded me to 'let go' that day for this picture alone. Oh, the other photos are awesome...some caught water droplets in mid-air, or smiles that were from ear to ear...but there is something about this picture. Every time I look at it, I am reminded that I need to be 'carefree'. Yes, issues come, but I don't have to succumb to those issues to the point that it takes me away from being 'carefree'.



Matthew 6:26 (MSG) Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.



Yes I do! My prayer is that God will help me be more 'carefree'!

No comments:

Post a Comment